Senator Marco Rubio, trying to use a "solution" for the Immigration problem to vault himself into White House contention in '16, appeared on a Fox News program to answer questions about his Really Big Immigration Deal.
Except it is NOT a big deal, it's smoke and mirrors.
- Smoke and mirrors on sealing the border. Rubio will let Gauleiter Napolitano or her successor determine if the border is adequately sealed. My better idea: how about asking all the border Sheriffs?
- Smoke and mirrors on making "everbody get in line" to get Papers. Rubio says his program will, I say it will be the first thing to go. Winks and nods will replace "papers".
- Smoke and mirrors on Amnesty. Rubio even refuses to call it a "path to citizenship", but it's Amnesty, just with a longer payout for all those illegals to become voting Democrats.
- Smoke and mirrors on what will constitute the "background investigation" for applicants. I'd bet that it won't be as thorough as a gun-buy background check.
The steamroller rolls on, though.
Ignored by Rubio and everyone else is the 900# gorilla in the room, all those States, Counties and Cities that have made illegal immigration work for the illegals. There is nothing in this Bill to force States, Counties and Cities to stop supporting illegals. They're supported by bi-lingualism laws, by the schools making room for all those anchor babies, by cash subsidies for housing and food, and I could fill the page, getting all the way down to the horribly-wrong churches who have used their congregations' funds to enable these felonies to continue.
Also ignored is the Judiciary, which constantly intervenes to forgive these felonies, even today telling Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, AZ, to end his County's attempt to chase the illegals out by focusing on them. For example, in Rubio's Grand Plan, there is a rule which will require applicants for permanent alien status to pay a $2000 fine. Wanna bet that the day that goes into effect, some Federal Judge will order it waived for "indigent" applicants, and they will ALL be "indigent"?
For the Plan to work, Rubio has to include these factors in his Immigration Bill:
- Fix the fence. Really. Back the fence with adequate Federal MILITARY forces, authorized to use deadly force to prevent illegal entry. Make the border-County Sheriffs into the judges of whether it's working.
- Deadline. Impose a deadline on illegals filing for application. If they don't make the deadline, they are arrested, tried, sentenced and deported as undesireable aliens. No extensions to the deadline. Allow profiling on language, etc to make sure effective enforcement is available. Pay local Law Enforcement to help round up those who didn't make the deadline.
- Federal Pre-emption. The Federal Government must be the sole giver of laws relating to illegals. It must be forbidden for any state law to address any matter relating to Immigration, except those matters the Feds give up to the States. All the support of and for illegals must end the day the Immigration Plan goes into effect. After the Plan goes into effect, the Federal Government may, at it's option, decide if permitees are to receive any Federal Free Shit, but in no case will any illegal ever get any Free Shit ever again.
- Pre-empt the Judiciary. The liberal Judiciary must be given one chance to rule, up the chain, on this Immigration Plan, up or down. After it rules, and the Plan is adjusted for those rulings, there must be TOTAL pre-emption of the lower Federal Judiciary. No Magistrate or Federal Circuit Judge will have the power to remove or limit the power of the Federal Government in re: it's Immigration Plan, only the Supreme Court of the US.
- Total Congressional oversight. The Executive Branch must not be allowed to weaken or refuse to enforce the Immigration Plan. Each Chamber of Congress shall have total oversight over the Administration of the Plan. If any part of the Federal Government gundecks any part of the plan, the Congress shall have the authority to remove that part of the Plan from Executive authority and set it back to right.