- It is obvious that it is only a means to an end, killing the Constitution. Even the so-called "low information voters" will see that it is.
- For it to have ANY chance of acceptance, it would have to be announced by a leader with far more credibility than Obama. None such exist at the moment.
- For it to work, it would have to be accepted by the entire military. I would be surprised if it gets 20% acceptance in the ranks. There would be even less acceptance from the National Guard.
- Martial Law means using military force on US citizens. The dumbest and most dependent of them will fail to support it when their Free Shit ends.
- Martial Law means cutting off the people's ability to communicate with each other. Can you imagine the ill-will generated by no more Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pokemon and all? The kiddies will be the first to rebel against it.
- Martial Law means introducing artificial shortages in food, fuel, power. That will NOT go over well at all. Can you imagine the yuppies in Seattle without their fancy coffee, or Portland without it's craft beers?
- Martial Law collapses the economy: cash flow tanks, no one pays taxes. Sure, the gov't can hide the effects for a while, they screw with all the money supply data now, but I am talking a DEPRESSION. International trade tanks, the dollar dies on the exchanges, etc. This is too big an economy for Saudi princes to keep afloat.
- While the US military is supposedly running the country, we WILL get attacked by most of our enemies. We will lose most of our overseas personnel quickly, and the shrunken military will not be able to replace them. We will have to fly a lot of white flags, especially in the Middle East.
Notice I didn't even discuss gun confiscation?