Shortened title will be "M@MV"
I have an almost-800-page novel I just finished and edited and it's ready for publication, as soon as I update the Dust-Jacket "teaser" and write a decent Introduction. As soon as I can figure out how to issue a PIN# to readers I have vetted (some chapters will be inappropriate for juveniles), I will start it here by chapters.
The novel is a "Great American Novel" addressing several major societal issues:
- It foresees a day when adult pleasures may be peacefully pursued commercially (good part of it takes place at a high-end sex-play resort).
- It looks at a major business house and how modern management changes bring that house more business.
- It looks at Spirit, and how that individual trait plays out in the modern world.
- It looks at the modern Defense of this Nation, featuring the Navy as the main defender in this case.
- The novel is set in the Hill Country of TX and in SouthEast Alaska.
- The USA fights a limited nuclear war during the span of the novel, and the winning of that war, and reconstitution from it's effects, are discussed in detail.
- The novel gets into Native (First Nations) culture, illustrating their better Spirit connections than the overall culture.
- The novel is tech-heavy on the subjects of medicine, aviation, naval warfare and to some degree, cyber-warfare.
- The novel develops characters intensely, some succeed and some fail.
- There are "fanboy fantasies" in the novel, with people you read about.
I have written this novel over the past 8 months or so. It isn't my first, but it will be the first one I've published.
Here's how it will work. I have three blogs on this blog-engine: This one, the main Rivrdog blog, one called Paratus, a prepper blog, and one called Straight_Case, a gun-blog. I will gut out the prepper blog and make it into a subscription-only set-up for publishing the book, so look over Paratus, and see if there's anything you want to save out of that blog. It will be gone in a week or so.
To subscribe, send me an email to email@example.com, and my reply will contain the key to your luxury suite at Mountain View Estate! The email will have a short form of a contract in which you state that you are of the age of majority, and will not divulge, except by personal synopsis, the contents of the novel. Put it in your own words, that's fine, but no cut-and paste. There will be comments, and I will engage with commenters, unless you go all pariah on me, in which case I will reserve the right to end your readership of my novel. BTW, I have written for Literotica, but I won't tell you what name I used there. My work was purged some time back because I quit contributing.
BTW, I started this blog-post on 01-31-17, but for the past two months, I have extended the novel because I want to carry some juvenile characters forward into their adult lives. I extended the main plot-line in that process, and, son-of-a-gun, the USA gets involved in yet another war! More war-stories. Since your blogger-author had a huge supply of these, it's fun putting them together in this novel for you. YOU will have fun deciding which war stories are ME and which are products of my imagination...