On Thursdays, this blog has a Tradition, listing the Thursday Thuds, those items of national interest, the owners of which have tried to make us believe are important, but they attract our attention ONLY by the huge thud-sound they make as they crash. Without further ado, here are the thuds:
- Trump thudded: he tweeted this morning: "The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!" Of course, the so-called "freedom caucus" is a group of constitutional conservatives in Congress. Trump threatens them and by doing so, marginalized at least 30% of his own base. That's stupid, Mr. Trump. T.H.U.D.
- Congress thuds (again): "The "Russia hacked US Elections" bulltwaddle: now Congress puts in an Escape Strategy, telling We The Peeps how it will all wind up: more blather in committee, then some SECRET blather in committee, then we are done. Okay, Congress, WHAT about that process of secrecy will convince any of We The Peeps that any of this actually happened, and who would be at fault for it? Answer is NONE. T.H.U.D.
- Fox News thuds (again): Headline: "I.C.E. shames sanctuary cities", followed by a list of places where I.C.E. has issued deportation detainers which have been ignored. The failure here is the whole idea of "shaming". As I understand the PeeCee world, the very idea of using shame to accomplish a goal is supposed to be wrong, wrong, wrong. I.C.E. is not shaming anyone, it is just providing a list of which political jurisdictions ignore the Federal requests for local law enforcement to help them do their job. Fox, you leaned left again and your message is a T.H.U.D.
- Trump thuds again: This one is a missed opportunity, but it reveals a bad policy failure in the Trump White House. Trump has taken action to remove the Left's agenda item of restricting the supply of cheap power in the power grid. Doing that gave the Left, or would have given the Left if Hillaroon had been elected, a huge tool of control over the economy. Electric power turns the wheels of the economy. When there isn't enough, parts of the economy must beg for more and kiss Leftie ass to get it. THAT is the most important factor behind ending the War On Coal, but all Trump can blather about is "Holy" Jobs. Look, jobs are an important INDICATOR of the health of our economy, but restoring the FREEDOM in the economy is FAR more important. Tell us that, Mr. Trump, your current Jobs blather falls a little flat, and does so with a T.H.U.D.
- Trump thuds again, part trois: Mr. Trump, Obama and Kerry signed some sort of an accord in Paris last year to perpetuate the CLIMATE SCAM. This accord was never presented to the Senate to ratify, so it is NOT a "Treaty", just an Executive Order of Obama. Mr. Trump, RESCIND that turd, and while you're doing that, make it a personal habit whenever you mention Climate to include the word SCAM along with it. If you are pressured to suggest what the POLICY of the USA is towards "Climate Change", simply reply, "It's God's work, our job is to notice it and marvel at how He works" or something like that. Every time the Left mentions Climate (Scam), there is a YUGE opportunity to hammer them with the fraud aspects involved. You aren't doing that, Mr. Trump, so your Policy wonks have made a big T.H.U.D.
Okay then, a Quinella of Thuds, and the majority of them are from Mr. Trump's place. That should tell us all something.