Disclaimer: I am an Oregon Duck fan.
The underdog Ducks beat Florida State decisively a week ago. The NCAA waited until two days before the Championship game to find two Duck players who have allegedly failed a drug test.
1. When were these players tested?
2. Were ALL the players on BOTH teams tested?
3. The "appeals" were heard and denied with blinding speed, completely uncharacteristic of the NCAA.
4. Follow the money. The Big Ten and OSU represent a FAR larger slice of the pie in the CFB industry than does the PAC Twelve and the Ducks.
5. Prediction: if the Referee and Umpire are Big Ten officials, look for most questionable calls to go OSU's way, and look for the Umpire to take his sweet time about resetting the ball when the Ducks are on offense, ruining the Ducks' up-tempo offensive pace.
I wonder what the Vegas line is TODAY?