« Tell-all blogger says - "I was bullied" | Main | Lance Armstrong »

June 11, 2012



The Navy would call that an Engineman.


Indeed, I made mine out of pieces of 8" pipe welded to the ends of turnbuckle eyes. I riveted on a piece of belt so i didn't damage the pulley, and the 8" was pretty much a good fit (It was only a segment 3" wide) for most of the pulleys it would touch.

I've seen them just made with Y shaped bard welded to the ends, too, and they were dipped in that plier handle material. I bet a short piece of vacuum line or even some duct tape would do that same job pretty well.

I still have these because they still use D, B, and A belts on industrial drives.

I wonder what you'd call a nautical garagineer? A dockineer?


You need a hat stretcher with the ends reversed. What? They don't sell hat stretchers anymore either? I should probably hold onto mine so it doesn't get repurposed and put to work tightening v-belt pulleys.

My Dad had one of your tightening tools in the bottom drawer of his tool box for years. It's probably still there.

The comments to this entry are closed.


Blog powered by Typepad